Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas 2015

Well folks time certainly flies. I've been working and playing with gooseneck as time permits. Unfortunately, I have not been very fair with posting. However, most everything I've done I recorded images of. Frankly this will be a tedious process to stay in order and update every detail. I rented an electromagnetic drill from Sunbelt rentals, (ordered an annular cutter for $108.) thinking I could put my holes in the frame members for the sliding tandem set up. Unfortunately the drill was trash, worn out and couldn't make an accurate hole. Then I bought one, By the time it arrived I had purchased a fairly comprehensive set of annular cutters. I'm good now with 7/16-1 3/8. I drilled my holes at 1 1/4 and used 1 1/4 pins. (clevis pins)  At this point I have jacks welded on and obviously I could have installed them beside the uprights for the gooseneck structure since I have a magnetic drill to drill through the I-beams but here's my thinking; if something were to get damaged at some point, what would be the easiest way to remove a jack or jacks? I decided to cut some 4" channel and weld those onto I-beams for sort of a jack pad because the channel could be cut off by any means available without damage to I-beam or Jack. So that's what I did. Currently I am still very busy with outside work, gave a bid today on a full exterior repaint an hour out... (Christmas Eve) I will get images as soon as I have any feeling for it. I'm looking to wrap up some small details as time permits and start on the industrial primer. I'm going to roll it though I would prefer spraying because I don't want spray all over my equipment/shop. I'll roll everything except the main frame tops. Then I'll cut every piece of 4" channel for my bed frame and stack them in preparation. As soon as  a few days come with no possibility of rain, I'll pull the trailer frame outside early one morning, set up all bed frame parts and weld it all together, hit it with a wire wheel in the grinder and prime it all at once, hopefully before dark.
 I ordered (pristine) diamond plate steel for the bed and will use the same procedure leaving part of bed frame unprimed until sheet steel welded on, then finish primer including  both sides of sheet steel. That my friends is a tall order for one man in one day...
Images coming soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment