Saturday, November 12, 2016

2.5 inch class 5 adjustable Drawbar Billet Aluminum, Stainless balls, with weigh scale...

Okay folks. I have mixed feelings about this weight scale built into ball mount, but, the only other available option I located (adjustable aluminum class 5) was $45. more plus additional for locking mechanism... This unit comes with ball mount lock, a 2-5/16" stainless ball and a 2" stainless ball. I've been pulling trailers most of my life, so I have a good idea how to position loads to both put weight on and take it off truck. The weight scale (hydraulic) seems a bit gimmicky to me but I can see others really needing it...(fishtailing from lack of tongue weight...) However, coming out of Charleston, WV one night, I saw a single cab Ford Ranger pulling a tandem axle trailer with a Ford 8 or 9 N on board and said to my *then* wife; "that is a hazard, that could turn into an emergency at any second" I slowed down, I was under a high dollar load in my big truck, I let him proceed without putting us in danger...A few moments later he jackknifed and ended up pinned against a rock wall. Point is; if people don't have any better sense than that, a scale to properly position load on trailer will do little to assist...A shame actually, we'll probably be looking at an endorsement to pull trailers before long, I don't agree with it, but, I have seen the necessity... At any rate, the 2-5/16" ball is rated at 14,500 lbs and truck hitch (I'd never seen a hitch quite like this one, boxed and attached to bottom and side of frame on each side) is rated at 15,000 lbs. Images below...






No comments:

Post a Comment