Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Pulling Truck

Okay folks... The new Duramax is rated at 445 HP and 915 Ft LBS... I believe this is correct... I do not know when it will hit the ground for purchase. In any case, I expect I will give them a year to work out any bugs, mine isn't for show, it's for go... With that in mind, I tried to get a crew one ton dually with Duramax and was basically told to forget it when I mentioned the price of several months ago. $47k plus is where we start today... I located a 2016 3500HD crew, single rear wheel, short bed, gas, stickering for 44,340. with touch screen, bluetooth, 4x4, and towing mirrors with turn signals and messed around at $36k and they laid right down...Could be contributed to their knowledge of me leaving and buying a Tundra half ton to tow and haul with. Toyota called during negotiation... Who can know? That was my next stop. Suffice it to say... I'm not missing the Toyota. This truck is a beast. I hadn't realized that GM had fully boxed the entire frame, not just the front, I'm happy with the feel of this truck. I have to order the goose frame rails because GM signed on with Curt manufacturing and has already drilled and welded nuts in the frame for Curts brackets...On the way...I'll drill holes in bed and take to Line-X then install rails and get under goose...Glad nobody bought it yet... I may just keep it...I'm very fond of it though it can't carry forklifts...I may just build a shorty tilt bumper pull for forklifts and be happy... Must admit the idea of a hydraulic dove is pleasing...





No comments:

Post a Comment