Thursday, May 19, 2016

GMC versus Chevrolet

Update... Well, I'm not mentioning the dealers for obvious reasons but I've managed to get two competing for my business. The GMC is definitely higher, does not have the 7" touch screen with Bluetooth. But does have a second more powerful alternator which would be good for numerous reasons including resale. The Chevrolet has the Michelin ATX 2 and the GMC has Michelin LTX which is more of a street tire, less aggressive, in my experience probably last longer. The Chevrolet without the extra high capacity alternator does have the upgraded stereo with Bluetooth, but it's only a $200. option, it's also snow plow prepped $385. which I will likely never use. The Chevrolet does not have the L.E.D. light strips above and below the headlights. The GMC looks better in my opinion. As of now the difference is more major than these little items.
Chevrolet $44,332.
GMC $46,000.
I've been buying new trucks since I was 27 and in every case I settled, I'm not sure I will settle this time. I plan to keep the truck for an extended period and my preference is the GMC.
They are going to have to change out stereo head unit to the 7 inch touch screen with Bluetooth and lower the price to be more competitive with the sister Chevrolet.

Get this; Another lady just called me from another dealership stating that she might be able to get an LT crew cab 4x4 dually with pickup bed close to the same price. This is not the same truck, but close. The regular dually's with pickup bed are rated slightly different (200lbs) in weight carrying capacity in bed, the frames are slightly different to accept the pickup bed as opposed to upfitted flatbeds, dumps, boxes etc. Having the pickup bed would be advantageous, I wouldn't be in a rush to build flatbed, I could use truck for intended purpose right now, the removed bed could become valuable in a few years...
Stickers
GMC $51,350
Chevrolet $50,114
Chevrolet LT with pickup bed 52,400.

So! Anyone with any interest can see how this truck buying process is going. Hard to believe there are actually people with so much extra money that they readily lay out $20k or more for the same truck with the Denali trim... I can see the sunroof having appeal, possibly express up and down for all windows, heated seats etc but $20k???

No comments:

Post a Comment